Wednesday, May 11, 2011

You Can Run, But You Can't Hide!

Technically, you could say I biked home from work today. But, it felt more like swimming. A large storm system had been edging its way toward the DFW Metroplex all day. I kept a watchful eye on it. So, in the afternoon there came a critical decision point - leave immediately and try to beat the storm home, or stay put and wait it out. Thinking I was good enough to determine its intended path and, given some margin of error, I could still beat it home, I chose the former. Bad choice. I got drenched. But worse than the thorough soaking was the shear terror from the lightening and thunder!

It took 45 minutes to get home, and as you can see from the weather radar, it didn't look too bad when I first headed out. Just a light drizzle. Kind of refreshing, really...


 But, things changed fast and got real colorful just after 15 minutes into the ride...

So,the moral of this post is:  you can try to outrun a thunderstorm, but you can't. And, when it catches you - it will catch you - there's no place to hide. Be careful out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment